LOS ANGELES – November 07, 2023 – MedTech Innovator, the world’s largest accelerator of medical technology companies, today announces the finalists for its Mid-Stage and Value Competitions. The finalists were chosen from the 61 companies selected to participate in MedTech Innovator’s flagship four-month MedTech Accelerator program out of thousands of applicants. Featuring medical device, diagnostic, and digital health companies from around the globe, the 2023 finalists received unparalleled visibility and access to leading medtech manufacturers, providers, investors, and other industry stakeholders.
The 2023 Mid-Stage and Value competitions will take place during the MedTech Strategist Innovation Summit in San Francisco, with the Value Award competition taking place on Tuesday, November 14, at 4:40 p.m., and the Mid-Stage Finals competition taking place on Wednesday, November 15, at 5 p.m. During the competitions, each company will pitch their technology and answer questions from a panel of judges. After the presentations, the audience will vote in real-time to select the winner. These are the last of six competitions during the 2023 U.S. program, awarding over $800,000 in non-dilutive funding.
The Mid-Stage Competition was launched for the first time this year to allow more mature companies in the accelerator cohort to compete for recognition and cash prizes. The mid-stage companies selected for the 2023 cohort were chosen based on their value propositions, achievements to date, and likelihood to transform care. Each finalist will receive at least $25,000 and the chance to compete for the $200,000 non-dilutive 2023 Mid-Stage Grand Prize award.
The four finalists for the Mid-Stage Competition, recognizing their achievement and potential, are:
- Alyve Medical (Denver): delivering technology and data to achieve optimal musculoskeletal function
- CardieX (Sydney, Australia): providing cutting-edge solutions for high blood pressure and other cardiovascular disease
- ImmersiveTouch (Chicago): empowering clinicians with greater precision and consistency of care by accessing new insights from patient scans
- MicroTransponder (Lakeway, Texas): combining Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) and therapy to improve the quality of life for patients with chronic neurological conditions
Additionally, five finalists will compete for the $25,000 Value Award, recognizing the development of outstanding value propositions in their respective clinical areas. All participants in the MedTech Innovator accelerator had the opportunity to refine their value propositions over several months with input from MTI’s 48 value coaches. The value coaches nominated 12 companies for the finals, and after a vote by MTI’s selection committee, the 2023 Value Award finalists are:
- Cellulora (New York): redefining healthcare by developing safe, innovative biomaterials that make patients look and feel better.
- InterShunt (Fridley, Minn.): developing a proprietary transcatheter system that reduces symptoms in heart failure patients.
- Mirai Medical (Galway, Ireland): addressing critical unmet challenges in global gastrointestinal cancer and skin treatments.
- Newrotex (Oxford, England): developing innovative silk biomaterials to create medical solutions for the nervous system.
- Savage Medical (Fremont, Calif.): developing solutions to minimize the associated costs, complications, and quality of life impacts following colorectal surgeries.
“A major prestige factor of MedTech Innovator has always been the enormous visibility and awareness boost that comes from being selected to compete in our competitions, which are held in front of the audience at leading industry conferences,” said MTI CEO Paul Grand. “While our accelerator includes companies from seed to series C stage, we previously limited Finals eligibility to our earlier stage companies. I’m excited that this year we have added a Mid-Stage Finals competition specifically to provide this same industry recognition opportunity for our more advanced startups.”
About MedTech Innovator
MedTech Innovator is the world’s largest accelerator of medical technology companies and the premier nonprofit startup accelerator in the medical technology industry. Its mission is to improve patients’ lives by accelerating the growth of companies transforming the healthcare system. Since 2013, MedTech Innovator has reviewed 10,000 startups and graduated over 600 companies that have gone on to raise more than $7.2 billion in follow-on funding and bring nearly 300 products to market.
For more information about MedTech Innovator, its annual programs, portfolio of industry-leading startups, and insights on trends, visit MTI’s website, follow them on LinkedIn, and subscribe to its monthly newsletter.
Senior Director of Marketing
+1 (978) 770-3799