This is an excellent opportunity to impact the healthcare industry by supporting medtech startups in bringing their innovative technologies to the patients that need them most. MedTech Innovator is the largest accelerator of medical devices in the world. The Program Director designs and implements programs in order to foster the growth of startups and scale-ups in the medical device, digital health and diagnostic spaces. The Program Director works closely with all team members to ensure the success of our programs, events, and other special projects. The position requires creative problem-solving, superior multitasking and organizational ability, meticulous attention to detail, and strong oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with the passion and desire to grow within an exciting entrepreneurial environment and to make an impact on improving lives around the world. Experience in healthcare innovation is preferred.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
What We Offer
- Be a part of the largest medical device accelerator in the world
- Interact with the brightest minds in the healthcare innovation ecosystem
- Gain an insider’s view of the future of medical technology
- Contribute your ideas and explore opportunities for professional development
- Work within a dynamic, high-performing team
- Lead strategy and execution of all accelerator-related activities, including recruitment and selection, in-person and virtual curricula, innovator showcases, competitions, and networking events
- Establish program timelines and manage resources and personnel to ensure activities / tasks are on track to meet goals and deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day needs of the program by coordinating meetings, maintaining technical assets (i.e., website, database, event platforms), and resolving issues
- Serve as primary point of contact for program-related inquiries and manage external communications with key stakeholders to facilitate community building and engagement
- Prepare and maintain collateral for internal and external use such as surveys, diligence summaries, feedback reports, company lookbooks, and presentations
- Represent MedTech Innovator externally by interfacing with existing and potential partners, moderating events, and serving on panels
- Work with COO in other capacities as needed to support MTI
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Life Science, Business or related field
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience (e.g., managing an entrepreneurship / educational program or membership organization with multiple stakeholders)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and comfort with public speaking
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office / Google Docs and technical savvy to quickly pick-up other platforms
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in Life Science, Business or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the healthcare / medical technology industry (e.g., previously worked at a corporate, hospital system, consulting, accelerator, incubator, or venture capital firm)
|. . . .||. . . .|
|Travel||Up to 25% (when safe to resume)|
Physical and Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be:
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such a computer, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Able to work in a confined area
- Able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, sometimes at a computer terminal
- Able to uphold the stress of traveling
- Able to constantly communicate with vendors, clients, staff members- therefore must be able to communicate, converse with and exchange information
- Able to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize and assess from long distances
- Able to perform light to moderate lifting
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
About MedTech Innovator
MedTech Innovator is a nonprofit and the world’s largest accelerator and competition for medical device, digital health, diagnostic, and life science tools start-ups. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients by accelerating the growth of companies that are transforming the healthcare system. MedTech Innovator matches industry leaders with innovative early stage and emerging-growth companies for mentorship and support to accelerate their path to market and improve their value. MedTech Innovator culminates its annual programs with a “Shark Tank” style competition and will award $1 million in non-dilutive prizes in 2021.