MedTech Innovator is a global accelerator and competition for medical device, digital health, and diagnostic start-ups. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients by accelerating the growth of companies that are transforming the healthcare system.
Apply now! Accepting applications until Feb 8, 2019.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MTI Fellows program is an excellent opportunity for graduate students and post-grads interested in business or consulting to gain high-level experience in an industry/investor-focused setting. Fellows may interact directly with founders and CEOs of medical technology startups as well as with investors and senior leaders at large multinational corporations and other industry stakeholders.
The Fellow reports directly to the Program Manager to help execute on strategic projects, including market research, technology assessments, and company profiles. The position requires creative problem-solving, superior organizational ability, meticulous attention to detail, and strong written communication skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with the passion and desire to work within an exciting entrepreneurial environment and an interest in healthcare.
- Research new and undiscovered startups in specific industry segments
- Compile research on MTI applicants
- Research new technology areas and market segments
- Draft company profiles assessing technology and/or business model
- Curate judge feedback on companies from pitch events
- Provide on-site support for local events, with opportunities to travel for non-local events
- Work with Program Manager in other capacities as needed to support MTI
- BA / BS from an accredited university
- MA / MS / PhD preferred (or in progress)
- Significant background in life sciences or healthcare
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge of basic business concepts, particularly regarding startups
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapidly evolving environments
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and technical savvy to quickly pick up new software/applications
|. . . .||. . . .|
|Compensation||$20 per hour, up to 10 hours per week|
|Reports To||Program Manager|
|Travel||Not required, but may be optional to travel with team to events|
Physical and Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be:
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such a computer, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Able to work in a confined area
- Able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, sometimes at a computer terminal
- Able to uphold the stress of traveling
- Able to constantly communicate with vendors, clients, staff members- therefore must be able to communicate, converse with and exchange information
- Able to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize and assess from long distances
- Able to perform light to moderate lifting
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.