MedTech Innovator is a nonprofit and the world’s largest accelerator and competition for medical device, digital health, diagnostic, and life science tools start-ups. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients by accelerating the growth of companies that are transforming the healthcare system.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MedTech Innovator Intern provides support on marketing and communications tasks. The Intern reports directly to the COO and works closely with the Program Teams. The position requires creative problem-solving, superior multitasking and organizational ability, meticulous attention to detail, and strong oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with the passion and desire to grow within an exciting entrepreneurial environment and an interest in healthcare.
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials, including flyers, banners, and videos
- Tag and organize video from pitch events for social media use
- Assist in developing and implementing social media strategy
- Interface with PR firm to execute marketing strategy
- Provide on-site support for local events, with opportunities to travel for non-local events
- Work with Program Teams in other capacities as needed to support MTI
- BA / BS from an accredited university in progress
- Graphic design experience (e.g., creating infographics using Canva, Piktochart, Adobe, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapidly evolving environments
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace as well as technical savvy to quickly pick up new software/applications
|. . . .||. . . .|
|Compensation||$15 per hour, up to 10 hours per week|
Physical and Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be:
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such a computer, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Able to work in a confined area
- Able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, sometimes at a computer terminal
- Able to uphold the stress of traveling
- Able to constantly communicate with vendors, clients, staff members- therefore must be able to communicate, converse with and exchange information
- Able to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize and assess from long distances
- Able to perform light to moderate lifting
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.