MedTech Innovator is a nonprofit and the world’s largest accelerator and competition for medical device, digital health, diagnostic, and life science tools start-ups. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients by accelerating the growth of companies that are transforming the healthcare system.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This is a unique opportunity to impact human health by supporting startups in bringing their innovative technologies to the people that need them most. MedTech Innovator is the largest life science accelerator in the world and operates parallel programs focused on medtech, biotech, and pediatric solutions. The Marketing & Events Assistant provides support for day-to-day operations, including performing a variety of administrative, event planning, and communications tasks. The Marketing & Events Assistant works closely with the program teams to execute regional pitch events, conference showcases, and virtual accelerator curricula. The position requires creative problem-solving, superior multitasking and organizational ability, meticulous attention to detail, and strong oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with the passion and desire to grow within an exciting entrepreneurial environment and an interest in healthcare.
What We Offer
- Be a part of the largest medical device accelerator in the world
- Interact with the brightest minds in the healthcare innovation ecosystem
- Hybrid opportunity
- 100% paid benefits for both the employee and dependents
- Gain an insider’s view of the future of medical technology
- Contribute your ideas and explore opportunities for professional development
- Work within a dynamic, high-performing team
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of promotional materials including newsletters, flyers, banners, videos, etc.
- Maintain up to date content for MedTech Innovator webpage, blogs, and social media channels
- Provide logistical assistance in support of MedTech Innovator’s programming, including event preparation and execution, creating event materials and overseeing event promotion and registration
- Perform general office tasks such as scheduling meetings, recording meeting notes, and maintaining CRM databases
- Assist in managing relationships with key stakeholders and vendors
- Assist in tracking and reporting performance metrics and portfolio news
- Work with program teams in other capacities as needed to support MedTech Innovator
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience (e.g., event planning, marketing, program administration)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office / Google Workspace
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- An eye for design and a creative mind
- Graphic design experience (e.g., creating infographics using Canva or Piktochart, etc.)
- Experience in digital marketing or management of social media
- Experience in online management tools (Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Salesforce, WordPress, etc.)
|. . . .||. . . .|
|Reports To||Program Associate|
|Travel||Up to 25%|
*The annual salary range for this role is $50,000 – $60,000. The actual salary amount will vary depending on the applicants experience, skills and abilities as well as internal equity and market data.
Physical and Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be:
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such a computer, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Able to work in a confined area
- Able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, sometimes at a computer terminal
- Able to uphold the stress of traveling
- Able to constantly communicate with vendors, clients, staff members- therefore must be able to communicate, converse with and exchange information
- Able to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize and assess from long distances
- Able to perform light to moderate lifting
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.