MedTech Innovator is a nonprofit global accelerator and competition for medical device, digital health, and diagnostic start-ups. The Director of Development, MTI, will be directly responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects, creating donor and industry centric communications that reflect these funding priorities, and developing activities to achieve specific goals. They will lead our fundraising and donor engagement efforts. They will design and implement a comprehensive and integrated set of strategies related to philanthropy. The Director will plan, manage and direct efforts of MTI to engage and build relationships with private individuals, corporations, foundations and other organizations in an effort to significantly increase philanthropy for MTI.
Reporting jointly to the VP Strategic Alliances and the CEO, they will identify and secure the necessary resources from public/private partnerships that will sustain and grow MTI. They will work in partnership with the staff to identify prospects, develop solicitation strategies and cultivate external relationships with corporations, private individuals and foundations.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Offer
- Be a part of the largest medical technology accelerator in the world
- Interact with the brightest minds in the healthcare innovation ecosystem
- Fully Remote opportunity
- 100% paid benefits for both the employee and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match up to 4% of annual salary
- Gain an insider’s view of the future of medical technology
- Contribute your ideas and explore opportunities for professional development
- Work within a dynamic, high-performing team
- Fundraising Strategy: Develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan to diversify
revenue streams, meet annual fundraising goals, and support the long-term
sustainability of the organization.
- Donor Relations: Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with individual donors,
foundations, and corporate partners to secure financial support and partnerships.
- Board Engagement: Collaborate with the Board of Directors to engage them in
fundraising activities, provide regular updates, and leverage their networks for
- Data Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records, track fundraising
progress, and generate reports to assess and improve fundraising strategies.
- Budget Oversight: Work closely with the CEO to develop and manage the development
budget, ensuring responsible stewardship of resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s preferred).
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and generating large philanthropy
donations in a non-profit setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities.
- Proficiency in fundraising technology.
- Commitment to the mission and values of MTI
|. . . .||. . . .|
|Reports To||VP Strategic Alliances and the CEO|
|Location||Fully Remote Opportunity|
|Travel||Up to 25%|
The annual salary range for this role is $140,000 – $150,000. The actual salary amount will vary depending on the applicants experience, skills and abilities as well as market data.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.