MedTech Innovator’s 2020 APAC Accelerator brought in hundreds of applications. 50 companies were selected to present in the MedTech Innovator APAC Road Tour, where they presented to investors and MedTech Innovator’s strategic partners. 20 companies advanced to the MedTech Innovator Accelerator. Over three months, the Accelerator companies received mentorship and access to a series of webinars with expert panels. They also competed for a coveted spot in the Grand Finals. The five finalists below are developing medical technology innovations in cardiology, pulmonology, ophthalmology, oncology, and surgery.
- Cartosense is developing a portable, affordable, and highly flexible surgical navigation for neurosurgery. The company is based in Chennai, India.
- Healthy Networks is developing the world’s most affordable smart stethoscope for lungs — detecting disease early to save lives. The company is based in Talinn, Estonia.
- Remidio is developing an FDA 510k exempted, patented, non-mydriatic, smartphone-based portable retinal imaging device. The company is based in Bengaluru, India.
- Sporogenics is developing a biodegradable implantable device for postsurgical anti-adhesion and anti-carcinomatosis applications. The company is based in Singapore.
- X-Zell is developing an accurate, affordable, and globally scalable early cancer detection from a small, 10mL blood samples. The company is based in Singapore.
The Grand Prize winner – X-Zell was announced LIVE during The MedTech Innovator Asia Pacific Grand Finals livestream on November 18, winning a first prize of $150,000 as well as being named the winner of Enterprise Singapore’s (ESG) Startup SG award, comprising a SG$30,000 grant prize, and access to extensive resources and networks within Singapore’s startup ecosystem. Additionally, they have been fast-tracked to ESG’s SLINGSHOT global startup competition.
Sporogenics was awarded a one-year of residency at JLABS @ Shanghai, a state-of-the-art facility that can accommodate more than 50 start-ups across the pharmaceuticals, medical device, consumer and health tech segments.
MAV, a MedTech Innovator APAC Accelerator company, received the Sterile Barrier System Design & Development Award from Oliver Healthcare Packaging, where they will receive exclusive technical and consultation services from Oliver Healthcare Packaging in the development of the sterile barrier system for their device – a catheter realizing durable valvuloplasty for aortic valve stenosis inserted via radial artery.
Cartosense, Healthy Networks, Remidio, and Sporogenics each received a US$10,000 cash prize for being selected as a finalist.