MedTech Innovator’s 2020 APAC Accelerator brought in hundreds of applications. 50 companies were selected to present in the MedTech Innovator APAC Road Tour, where they presented to investors and MedTech Innovator’s strategic partners. 20 companies advanced to the MedTech Innovator Accelerator. Over three months, the Accelerator companies received mentorship and access to a series of webinars with expert panels. They also competed for a coveted spot in the Grand Finals. The five finalists are developing medical technology innovations in cardiology, pulmonology, ophthalmology, oncology, and surgery.
- Cartosense is developing a portable, affordable, and highly flexible surgical navigation for neurosurgery. The company is based in Chennai, India.
- Healthy Networks is developing the world’s most affordable smart stethoscope for lungs — detecting disease early to save lives. The company is based in Talinn, Estonia.
- Remidio is developing an FDA 510k exempted, patented, non-mydriatic, smartphone-based portable retinal imaging device. The company is based in Bengaluru, India.
- Sporogenics is developing a biodegradable implantable device for postsurgical anti-adhesion and anti-carcinomatosis applications. The company is based in Singapore.
- X-Zell is developing an accurate, affordable, and globally scalable early cancer detection from a small, 10mL blood samples. The company is based in Singapore.
The winner – X-Zell was announced LIVE during The MedTech Innovator Asia Pacific Grand Finals livestream on Wednesday. November 18.